Monday, March 16, 2009

E for energy!!!!!!!!

Hats off to the boundless energy and passion and dedication and love that bound the GLP production team so well..Here's my take or "confession", as Rahul calls it..

I can safely say that this has been one of my most fulfilling experiences ever. Not only did I FINALLY get to go to ONE of my dream places, Hampi. Thanks You GLP team for having fulfilled this dream .Of course, I wanted to go to Hampi to climb, nevertheless for the time, this is more than enough..really MORE …..I was supposed to be just another tourist…If you ask me about the monuments and their heritage, I will gladly log onto google and provide all the information…That’s what I know about the monuments there… you want to know about the experience, I can fill pages describing how I feel( ok..that would probably qualify for exaggeration).I fill complete, like I’ve found something I did not know I had, a space inside of me that is empty no more. I love to travel not because I find myself in the world but to remember that there is a world inside of me ….I can’t start with who to Thank for making this THE most amazing trip…whether God- to have coincided everything so beautifully that I experienced much more on the trip than I could have ever imagined OR Rahul to have been resourceful, patient and smart enough to have discovered GLP and turned it into GLP India, for giving me the hat of co-producer, for have been so amazing at coordinating the entire thing, being on the balls of his feet ALL the time, for being so patient and cool- no matter what the situation- there were so many issues- and he dealt with them gracefully and calmly- never have I heard him raise his voice or get overtly excited(yeah we did abuse the bureaucracy and ASI guys, and emailed you -know -who…but that doesn’t qualify) OR Omkar- for having being the most amazing help all throughout-right from haggling for our shopping to just plainly bearing and standing tall(not like a buffalo though :P) through the entire shoot,for aving given everything, your best to the shoot without complaining a bit OR Abhishek- for being just amazing and patient company and helping the team throughout, listening to our tantrums and acting to solve problems, for giving more than cent percent to this production throughout and for having made it….OR Meghna-who has become more a sister to me in the past few months, with whom conversations are amazing, who is so level headed and down to earth, and whose skills with the camera I had only heard to be amazing-she’s been so patient ,calm and yet skillful, right from the way to how she manages the camera- to how she manages the people managing the camera, OR Muttu for being the most amazing , smart, intelligent, co-operative subject we could have ever had…true rockstar!!!OR Madhu for just being there- to take over the camera or conversation, to be the Daddy of the team, smiling all the while OR Akash – for handling the equipment so deftly ,for giving the perfect picture poses, for being amazingly humorous and not complaining, despite the heat, despite me being pestersome, despite there not being enough Birds to watch:d or we not making the much wanted trip to Chola wines:p, OR Vishal- who did an amazing job right from the equipment to designing the t-shirts and caps at such short notice that we all so proudly wore and who has become my brother with whom I giggled a lot(I’d say he giggled more :d),OR Ruhie-who has been amazingly patient with the numerous demanding calls that she’s had to make, for some of the most amazing snaps that she took, (although the place is etched in our memory, she has solidified with her beau pictures),to just being the most enthusiastic, cool, energetic, never -say-no giggly company on the trip, OR Sk- for wearing the producer’s hat so well- for taking ownership for everything, for assuming responsibility for all that went wrong..and right, who had promised that he would make Hampi happen for me- one way or the other..and he did!i can’t ever thank you enough, but for now thank you buddy, for making it more than merely hampi for me

And finally ME for having finally made it!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys ROCK!!!!!! can’t wait to work with ALL of you guys again!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment