Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lost!!!!!!!

Lost!!!
Lat few days have benn a confusion of exhiliriation and pain....9th April,Sunday,Will not forget this glorious day.I went climbing to GT after a span of almost 2 months.I met Diesel at the wide gates of my beloved SGNP .Kavita joined a while later. Also met Rahul who'd come there for some camp.We proceeded to the bouldering area at Gt.On the way...mum called up sayin that I had to go to Suhasinakkas place at Thane to sign up some forms...Arrgghhh!!!There goes my perfect Sunday.My original plan was to climb,then be back home for lunch where Manisha and R would be coming.But all down the drain ,in a way.R would kill me if she knew the end to HER Puurrrfect sunday!!1Right on cue,she calls up imediately after.I told her what I had to do..and there she starts lecturing again...about how i ALWAYS do this to her-ditch her at the last moment and blah blah..and the phone gets cut...She calls again and starts shouting -WHY DID THE HELL you cut me off...hell!!i dint do nuthing memsahib.......the phone gets cut again...she calls again..another few mins of firing...then she asks me to leave immediately(its about 10 am),reach home,collect the papers and leave for her place..so tht we cn catch the 2 pm movie -Being Cyrus...wtf!!!!!I had not even unharnessed my heavy backpack as i was distracted talking to her...taking her baseless and selfish insinutions quietly....I told he rin no uncertain terms tht it was NOT POSSIBLE for me to leave..hell!i'd hardly reached there!SO she said big deal!I have to make some adjustments blah blah!I then told her that I wasnt alone..there were 2 more gals with me,and I could'nt and wouldn't leave emalone.Its way too dangeous.If I leave,theyd leave too...and tht would be unfair..as we'd planned this climb atleast a week before I'd met R!!!Fine!!She banged the phone down...and then called again accusing me once more of hanging up on her!!WTH!!And then she asked me again(imagine...we'd already wasted precious mins discussing)whether I could meet her....I said NO...well,...BYE...Peace at last:)I know I sound so mean in a way..and I did...I agree i ruined her Sunday...but she was the one who could have compromised..to spend some time with her "best friend"My guess is that she only wanted some company to watch a movie,now that Mr G is outta her life.Hmmph!!!

Anyways,after the initial Grumpy begining,we began our bouldering.But the bad begginning that had rubbed into my heart....it starteing rubbing on my fingers too...i mean literally yaar....my fingers are raw...everyone's fingers got raw..So much that at the end of the day,,,although we were hardly tired,are fingers were goners!The I think at about 7,a new guiy,with an American accent walked in and took off his shirt and started climbing with us.Initially each of us respectfully ignored each other..but then the temptation to spot such a good climber(Ahem)was too much for us i guess...so we started talking about climbing etc,..realised tht he's originally frm mumbai''hed' gone to US to study and come back to india only a few days ago.He found GT frm the net(Thank God!!!)Anyways,turns out that he stays at 4 bungalows.ANyway.Mum calls up to tell me tht Mani has already arrived!!Oh Shit!!!Ok we all decide to wrap up and leave...when we are on our way to the gates, i realise tht my sunglasses are ,missing!!!!!MISSING!!!!!!My expensive and dear ones:((.Anyway Sharad then tells me tht he'd seen em lying rite in th middle of the path when he was coming...hmmso me and the guys head back up to search for em..but we OBVIOUSLY dont find em...so we trudge back to the gate...in the sweltering heat!!!!We get to the station.Me n Shantanu(new guy ..remember!!) got into the train.We had some interesting conversations...hes from Parle tilak and VESIT..and he's learnt Portuguese and Spanish...hes lvisited loads of places ..coz he loves travelling...Anyway..Mai calle dm e around Indian oil...SHantanu got off at 4' blows.Then I was revelling in my own thoughts.the conversations had mitigated my sadness of the loss of my sunglasses.BUT THEN....when i got up to gt off at Lokhandwala...my celly wasn't there...it just wasnn't there!!!!!Now that loss hit me hard,,,....and i mean realll hard!!!!
Not that I cried or anything..but still...a phones a phone:)
And then 2 days later,am hit hard again....wit hthe loss of a part of my body...my tooth....my wisdom tooth had to go for the pain it was causing me!!i had a root canal on another tooth....

So there it is...3 things gone in the span of 2 days...what did i get?

i met Soares miss
and i met Harsh's dad
yeah in a quirk of fate..i met him at the citibank atm at khar after my root canal..and all the while i had been thinking about Harsh..coz he had undrgone a root canal bfore he went to japan!
Anyway,the most interesting thing was tht while i was undergoing the tooth thinng..my mind was wrking over time,..it was as if i was dictating to my diary..i cant eactly remember wat i was thinking...all i remember was tht it was very poetic:)
ANyways,thats wat I lost and gained in 3 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment